My favorite Butternut Squash Soup!Enjoy!
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 celery root, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 dikon, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic,minced
- toasted pumpkin seeds for garnishing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the butternut squash, carrots,celery root, parsnip, dikon into a large pot,cover with water and simmer on medium until al of the veggies are very tender.
- Saute the onion and the garlic separately with olive oil for about 3-5 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree the vegetables together with onions and garlic until a thick, smooth consistency is reached.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve warm with toasted white bread on the side.